Be confident you’re doing the right things, the right way
With the CIA Product & Process Review, we’ll help you determine where you should focus your time.
CIA Process & Product Review
Curriculum Leadership Institute (CLI) is pleased to offer a curriculum, instruction, and assessment process and product review to help school districts determine whether the district has an effective curriculum process that produces quality curriculum, instruction, and assessments for your students. This service is intended to help your district address ways to improve student learning.
Because our criteria align with several accrediting agencies, our evaluation may also help your district solve problems that might be identified in an accreditation review!
Sound like what you’re looking for?
Request a quote to get going!
HOW DO WE GET STARTED AND WHAT IS EXPECTED BY THE DISTRICT?
CLI will travel to the contracting school district for a series of meetings. The CLI process and product review will be conducted as follows:
- The first meeting will be to gather information and should include the following suggested participants:
- school district administration, or representatives;
- building level administrators, or representatives;
- teachers or grade level/department members as representatives, and
- school board members.
- Following these information-gathering sessions, CLI will provide a district-wide survey to be completed by all certified staff within 30 days following the first visit.
- Evidence to support the information gathered will be provided to the CLI Consultant. This evidence will include:
- a full K – 12 (or appropriate range depending on the district) curriculum document,
- samples of instructional plans,
- samples of district local assessments.
This evidence can be provided as hard copy or as access to electronic documents.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- CLI will examine the evidence provided, offsite, and use the CLI rubric to evaluate the quality of the products and the comprehensiveness of the curriculum effort.
- CLI will provide a written summary of findings and suggestions for improvement or continued efforts. The written summary will serve as a source for the district to review and consider questions prior to the follow-up meeting.
- The date for the follow-up meeting will be mutually determined by the district and the CLI consultant. The district can choose to include the same groups from whom information was gathered, which would allow all the stakeholders to be informed from the beginning to the end of the process.
- In the follow-up meeting, CLI will present the findings of the CIA Process and Product Review to the district in person and clarify any questions arising from the conclusions in the summary.
WHAT ARE THE END RESULTS?
At the conclusion of the follow-up meeting, the recommendations made in the CIA Process and Product Review will be addressed from the district perspective and support for solving the problems identified or suggested. This information will be added to the summary document to be sure all parties are informed as to the next steps for the district.
Want to consider our other service options?
See what else we offer before you schedule an appointment.